American Eagle Basketball Goals
The pole size, gauge thickness of steel, metal support backboard arms, inground installation method, thickness of the backboard, adjustment mechanism and break away rim are the components that constitute quality for any basketball backstop system.
We encourage you to visit one of our stores and shoot some hoops! Compare our specs and price and you will see the American Eagle goals are the clear choice with an industry leading limited LIFETIME WARRANTY provided by American Eagle!
We offer the top of the line basketball goals that come in a variety of sizes. Whether you're looking to shoot some hoops in the driveway or train for the NBA, we've got the system for you.
**SCROLL DOWN TO BOTTOM FOR FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT B-BALL HOOPS**
11 REASONS TO BUY AN AMERICAN EAGLE BASKETBALL SYSTEM
11) Limited Lifetime Warranty on all components.
10) All hardware is stainless steel and absolutely rust proof
9) AE goals use a fortified 6" square 36" long 7 gauge steel ground sleeve anchor system.
8) The basketball pole is 7-gauge steel, which is the thickest in the market. Thicker steel equates to a longer lasting system, but also it means the system won’t move, shake, or wobble as much.
7) Refined system of threaded bolts and cylinders make for a more secure, tight and smoother raising and lowering of the backboard.
6) The deftly designed Schutt Bully Heavy Duty Flex Rim is virtually indestructible
5) Expertly done, baked on, powder coated finishing made by adept professionals; this coating is scratch and crack resistant.
4) AE has built their own line of cranks specifically designed for basketball hoops, unlike other systems which use modified trailer jacks. These cranks are, at least, five times heftier than anything else on the market.
3) The 10 millimeter tempered glass clear view backboard is as thick as it comes.
2) Their backboards have a "clear view" which means the adjustment arms attach to the outside of the backboard via an h-frame. Not only does this give you a more clear view through the backboard, it also gives you a sturdier backboard due to the wider mounting points.
1) AE has exquisitely made reinforced welded yoke and stabilizer arms which are a great deal sturdier than 90% of anything else out there, what else is remarkable about these AE systems is that their rims attach directly to the frame making it impossible to shatter the backboard while dunking.
FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW
About Basketball Pole Thickness
16 Gauge = Poor | 14 Gauge = Fair |
11 Gauge = Good | 7 Gauge = Awesome!
The lower the number, the thicker the steel & better play
Every manufacturer and sport store selling regular/standard sets priced from $299.00 - 799.00 are only using 16 & 14 gauge poles. OUCH! Residential 4 x 4 poles are only 14 gauge steel. All major chain sporting good stores sell flimsy 2-3 piece (sectional) round & square poles. Sectional poles are bad enough, but the thickness of these poles are thin! Round sectional poles are 16 gauge (very poor). Square sectional poles are 16 & 14 gauge. The BIG problem with sectional poles is at each section, or seam, is a weak spot. When your kids, yes your kids and their friends, have the basket lowered and grab or hang on the rim, that force and leverage goes to the pole, bending and breaking the pole at the section or seam!
Bergfeld Fact: All of our poles are 1-piece heavy duty poles. With a Bergfeld goal, you never have to worry about bending poles and rusting seams. We also offer 4 x 4 poles, 5 x 5, 6 X 6, and 6 x 8 poles in the much better 11 gauge and 7 gauge. Manufacturers and stores do not offer the thicker pole on regular/standard residential sets!
Why should you consider getting a thicker pole? The only thing a thicker pole does is help reduce shake and vibration from poles when playing. All poles will have some shake, but a thicker pole reduces that shake! Your kids will not bend a thinner pole (14 gauge) if it's a one piece pole. A pole will never bend, no matter the thickness, as long as you use a one piece pole. Upgrading to a thicker, better pole is the #1 key to a set shaking less. The cost is very minor to upgrade and makes a major difference in the way your set will play!!!
We service and install residential swingsets, trampolines, basketball goals, safety surfacing and much more throughout St.Louis and surrounding areas of Missouri, Illinois and Kansas!